The Franklin Mountain Hawkwatch, sponsored by the Delaware-Otsego Audubon
Society, has been an active raptor survey site for 30+ years. Located at
the DOAS sanctuary overlooking Oneonta and the Susquehanna River valley, it
is about a 2 hour drive from Ithaca.

 Those wishing to participate in this trip will assemble at the East Hill
Plaza on Pine Tree Road at 7:45 AM for an 8:00 AM departure. The trip will
take place on Saturday, November 12th. Forecasted Northwest winds are
predicted to create ideal conditions at the sanctuary as migrating raptors
use lift near the observation site. This can result in close views of the
migrating raptors. This week there has been a nice movement of Red-tailed
Hawks, Red-shouldered Hawks and Golden Eagles.

 Plan to spend the day in the open at 2000’ elevation. There is no shelter
at the sanctuary, so please dress accordingly. Bring a snack/lunch and
thermos with a warm beverage. There is a port-a-john at the site. We will
plan to start our return trip by 2:30 PM. If you are planning to attend,
please send me a note at wwblauv...@gmail.com.

--

(copy & paste any URL below, then modify any text "_DOT_" to a period ".")