Right after theTaughannock  loon watch concluded (Nov 18th) several of us
observed a group of four Black Vultures flying in the gorge opposite the
visitor’s center. At the same time there were 10 - 15 TUVU’s roosting on the
cliff face, backs to the sun, wings outstretched (to catch the sun). I have
since seen a large group of TUVU’s roosting in different spots along the gorge
in the vicinity of the visitor’s center. It is possible that the Black Vultures
roost there as well - at least on occasion.

Bob

> On Dec 11, 2023, at 11:49 AM, Dave Nutter <nutter.d...@me.com> wrote:
>
> They flew north over downtown around 11:15am. But it’s worth checking that
> smokestack for them regularly.
>
> - - Dave Nutter
>
> On Dec 11, 2023, at 10:22 AM, Dave Nutter <nutter.d...@me.com
> <mailto:nutter.d...@me.com>> wrote:
>
>> The frequently seen group of 4 Black Vultures have been perched atop the
>> large, old, concrete Morse Chain smokestack low on South Hill in Ithaca this
>> morning. I believe they are a family who bred in the area this year.
>>
>> - - Dave Nutter
> Subscribe, Configuration and Leave
> Archives:
> The Mail Archive
> <http://www.mail-archive.com/cayugabirds-l@cornell.edu/maillist.html>
> ABA <https://www.aba.org/birding-news/>
> Please submit your observations to eBird <http://ebird.org/content/ebird/>!

(copy & paste any URL below, then modify any text "_DOT_" to a period ".")