From: eug...@koiossystems.com
To: kingsley.char...@gmail.com
CC: mike_c...@hotmail.com; fawa...@gmail.com; ccie_security@onlinestudylist.com
Subject: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Security] IPSEC VRF Aware
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 07:21:06 +0000

So, my findings in Mike's config are correct then ? ;)

From: Kingsley Charles <kingsley.char...@gmail.com>

Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 12:30:03 +0530

To: Eugene Pefti <eug...@koiossystems.com>

Cc: Mike Rojas <mike_c...@hotmail.com>, "fawa...@gmail.com"
<fawa...@gmail.com>, <ccie_security@onlinestudylist.com>

You need to some good efforts to understand VPN with VRFs.  Each VRF has it's
own routing table and that's where we need to start working on.

We have Internal VRF (IVRF) that connects internal network (LAN) and FVRF
(Front VRF) that connects to the internet (public network).

The following are the uses cases.

Local VPN router has only IVRF and the external network is connected using
global routing

----- IVRF Router ----------- Global Routing ---------------- Router

Configure IVRF in the VRF command under ISAKMP profiles. And a route in VRF for
the peer using "global"  keyword.

Local VPN router has IVRF and the external network is in FVRF. Here IVRF = FVRF

----- IVRF Router FVRF ---------------- Router

Configure IVRF in the VRF command under ISAKMP profiles. And a route in VRF for
the peer using "global"  keyword.

Configure FRVF with the crypto keyring and match identity under ISAKMP profile

Local VPN router has IVRF and the external network is in FVRF. Here IVRF |= FVRF

----- IVRF Router FVRF ---------------- Router

Configure IVRF in the VRF command under ISAKMP profiles. And a route in VRF for
the peer using "global"  keyword.

Configure FRVF with the crypto keyring and match identity under ISAKMP profile

Here you need tweak the routing table For this use the following method, that I
have discussed in this link.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/message/184180#184180

The ones that I have highlighted are key things that you should always remember
while configuring VPN with VRF. First classify whether there is IVRF or FVRF or
both of them and then configure it.

With regards

Kings

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/sec_secure_connectivity/configuration/guide/sec_vrf_aware_ipsec.html#wp1054317