This is a question in regards IP to IP tunnel matching on FPM.

class-map type stack match-all STACK
stack start l2-start
match field ETHER type eq 0x800 next IP
match layer 2 IP protocol eq 4 next IP
match layer 3 IP protocol eq 6 next TCP

First, what is the difference between the last line and "match field IP
protocol eq 6 next TCP"

And second, where in that specific stack we are saying that we will see an IP
header and then another one? I was first believing that when we do something
like  "match field ETHER type eq 0x800 next IP" and then we say "match layer 3
IP protocol eq 6 next TCP" we will be saying match IP header twice, but I see
this "match layer 2 IP protocol eq 4 next IP" and that is where I get lost.

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Mike

www.ipexpert.com

www.PlatinumPlacement.com