In any case, it should be the PBR applied on the global configurion mode, that
is the one that affects the router traffic...Or cControl plane....

Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 13:26:02 +0530
From: kingsley.char...@gmail.com
To: walleed...@hotmail.com
CC: ccie_security@onlinestudylist.com
Subject: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Security] outbound ACL

With PBR, it is routed from the loopback interface to the egress interface
hence acl with process the traffic.

But, if you ping sourced from loopback, it still considered as router self
generated traffic

With regards

Kings

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 1:02 PM, waleed ' <walleed...@hotmail.com> wrote:

why to use PBR , there is no difference if  I sourced my traffic from loopback :

R1-------R2

R1:  f0/0 10.0.0.1   lo0 1.1.1.1
R2: f0/0  10.0.0.2   lo0 2.2.2.2

and there is outbound access-list on R2: f0/0   and if I use access-list 120
deny ip any any as outbound on R2 f0/0 , I can ping from the R2 to R1 using lo0
as source . so can you please clarify the work of PBR here ?

regards