I have 50 versions of foo.doc
Version 25 was for our product release 5.4,
and the LATEST release is for our product 5.5.

The 5.4 version is accessible simply by using a 5.4 config spec.
(include X:\ClearCase\Views\5.4.cs).

However, a large number of users who know checkout, checkin, and read
(i.e., doc USERS, not even authors) need access to three or four of these
previous-release files. For me to expect them to create 5.4 views (or even
run a script that creates the view for them) or expect them to navigate
between multiple views and understand why those views exist, is a stretch I
am unwilling to make (I expect they own most of the blinking 12:00 VCRs,
Microwaves in the city  :-).

So, I am looking to do something similar to:
   cleartool ln foo.doc@@\main\25 foo_54.doc

(We know that doesn't work because 'ln' applies to elements, not versions.)

Thoughts?
Do I simply have to make a copy?

Thanks all.

To unsubscribe, send email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and put these words in the
message body: unsubscribe cciug