Bernhard,

I've used Matlab to calculate 2D FTs (eg, a Cowtan-esque FT of a cat). I'm sure you could come up with a way to do the phase coloring without too much sweat--the degree of flexibility available to you in this program is quite large. My university has a campus- wide license for Matlab, so it's *free* for me...I have no idea of what it would cost to purchase.

Pat