Hi, Sam,

I think you have the same crystal form as that which was reported.  The
screw axes are not assigned when you index and integrate your data.
HKL2000 will assign the unit cell edges from shortest to longest for a, b,
and c.  You'll assign the screw axes when you scale the data.  It looks
like you'll have to permute the axes to agree with the reported crystal
form.  There are examples in the HKL2000 manual for permuting axes during
scaling.  Good luck,

Hidong

U Sam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: CCP4 bulletin board <CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
02/19/2007 11:15 AM
Please respond to
U Sam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
cc

Subject
[ccp4bb] axis of unit cell change

Hi
I crystallized a protein in different condition than reported before and
structure had been already reported by other group. In both cases space
group is P21 21 2
Right now I am not interested in solving the structure, but to look for
some
other properties.
I see a difference in cell dimension as follows.
Reported structure
a = 96.54
b = 121.95
c = 75.33

For my crystal
a = 75.03
b = 96.50
c = 121.98

This the cell dimensions are ~equal in lengths but are associated with
different axis compare to the reported crysta structure. I used HKL2000
for
indexing.
I would like to know why the above difference in cell dimensions.
Is there any way I can index my data which would give cell parameters of
reported structure?
thanks in advance for any suggestion/comments.
sam

Find a local pizza place, movie theater, and moreā€¦.then map the best
route!