Dear CCP4bbers,

My original query was; "I am trying to find a program that enables the user
to vary the pitch of the generated output model of dsDNA.
I have found several programs that generate a dsDNA .pdb file given an
input sequence (random in my case), and a web server that allows 'curvature'
analysis of the output DNA
(http://hydra.icgeb.trieste.it/dna/<https://exchweb.bcm.tmc.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://hydra.icgeb.trieste.it/dna/>).
However, I am unable to find a program that allows the pitch of the dsDNA to
be varied. I was wondering if such a program exists? And if so, where can it
be found?"

  Thank you for the prompt replies. I was able to generate B-DNA models of
varying pitch.
Two of the more versatile tools for manipulating nucleic acid structures
are:-

i)      NAMOT (suggested by William Scott, UCSC); download at
http://namot.lanl.gov/<https://exchweb.bcm.tmc.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://namot.lanl.gov/>

ii)     3DNA (suggested by Nicola Abrescia, Strubi, Oxford); download at
http://rutchem.rutgers.edu/~xiangjun/3DNA/<https://exchweb.bcm.tmc.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://rutchem.rutgers.edu/%7Exiangjun/3DNA/>

                                                     Balvinder Dhaliwal.
(Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Tx.)