PISA gives a good analysis of a known interface, but won't predict it
from scratch. So basically you need a protein-protein docking program of
which there are several:

3DDock, gramm, zdock, etc, etc

There's a review in G.R.Smith and MJE Sternberg, Curr Opion Struct Biol,
12, 28 (2002) - obviously a little old now.

See also the CAPRI assessment http://capri.ebi.ac.uk/

These methods will give you a surfeit of predictions, the fun is in
choosing the one you like, e.g. using tools like PISA

HTH
Martyn

On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 12:47 +0000, Andreas Förster wrote:
> Hey Karen,
>
> Pisa analyzes oligomerization interfaces.
> http://www.ebi.ac.uk/msd-srv/prot_int/pistart.html
>

> Andreas
>

> karen yates wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to find a bioinformatic tool that will allow me to predict the
> > dimerisation interface of a protein.
> >
> > A structural model has been generated, and it is known to exist as a
> > homo-dimer.
> >
> > Does anyone know of a suitable program?
> >
> > Thank you for your help.
> >
> > Karen

*               Dr. Martyn Winn                                       *
*   STFC Daresbury Laboratory, Daresbury, Warrington, WA4 4AD, U.K.   *
*   Tel: +44 1925 603455    E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                 *
*   Fax: +44 1925 603825    Skype name: martyn.winn                   *
*             URL: http://www.ccp4.ac.uk/martyn/                      *