Hi Chu-Young:

I would recommend either a PC running Ubuntu Linux (my personal favorite distribution -- they are all more or less the same thing) or else Apple Mac OS X, depending upon your other needs, budget, etc.

I've got a lot of propaganda for OS X here:  http://xanana.ucsc.edu/xtal

and a little bit for Ubuntu Linux here:
http://xanana.ucsc.edu/linux/debian_linux.html

Welcome back.