Wikipedia claims Hasselbach is a misspelling:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henderson-Hasselbalch_equation

Since Wikipedia has now replaced the social consensus as the final arbiter of truth ...

On Aug 7, 2008, at 3:22 PM, Juergen Bosch wrote:

Just on a side note, can someone clarify why Hasselbach is not Hasselbalch or vice versa ? Or is that the same guy just somewhere sometime misspelled and for ever in the records ?

See here:
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/261188/Henderson-Hasselbach-equation

Jürgen