Dear All,

a very late reaction, but we have a Dell proyector that elicit the same reaction as yours did.
In another building there is a BenQ MP622c, which is much, much better.

Mark

This is way off-topic, but that's never stopped me before. And what group is better qualified to pontificate about matters lying at the intersection of computers and optics than this one? The LCD projector in our departmental seminar room was stolen over the weekend (!), and I have been asked to look into what we should buy to replace it. The missing projector was a Dell 3300MP, and IMHO it sucked. If I had a nickel for every seminar speaker who said, "Well, you can't see this, but on my laptop it's very clear that...," I'd never need to write another grant. Alas, I know very little about what's available and what performs well. Perhaps you can save me hours of careening around the internet researching this question. Do any of you good folks have experience with particular projectors that you like/don't like? Or perhaps have a reasoned opinion (or even a wild irrational idée fixe) about the sorts of specifications a good projector should exhibit? The room in question is not large (about 8 x 10 m, seating a max of ca. 40 people for a talk). I should mention that we're NOT looking for any kind of stereographic projection here (cool as that would be); just plain, vanilla, projection of the image shown on the laptop's screen.
Many thanks for any info you can contribute. Pat
Patrick J. Loll, Ph. D. Professor of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology Director, Biochemistry Graduate Program Drexel University College of Medicine Room 10-102 New College Building 245 N. 15th St., Mailstop 497 Philadelphia, PA 19102-1192 USA (215) 762-7706 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Mark J. van Raaij
Dpto de Bioquímica, Facultad de Farmacia
Universidad de Santiago
15782 Santiago de Compostela
Spain
http://web.usc.es/~vanraaij/