I am trying to make a quite classic demonstration of electron density map
sliced and contoured as (smoothed) isoheight curves.  The sliced section is
random and NOT along any main cell axes.  I am curious if there is any
crystallographic software can handle this, which will save me from writing
and debugging codes.  Thanks a lot!

when i was a lad i wrote a script that does something like this (namely: plot (projected) density from a skewed plane defined by three atoms) using a bunch of different (USF) programs (mama, moleman, lsqman, mave, mapman, o2d). the script is called plane_extract.csh and lives in the OMAC directory on the USF website. it is reasonably annotated and if you are familiar with the programs it uses you can probably adapt it to fit your needs.

--dvd

                        Gerard J.  Kleywegt
    [Research Fellow of the Royal  Swedish Academy of Sciences]
Dept. of Cell & Molecular Biology  University of Uppsala
                Biomedical Centre  Box 596
                SE-751 24 Uppsala  SWEDEN

    http://xray.bmc.uu.se/gerard/  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
   The opinions in this message are fictional.  Any similarity
   to actual opinions, living or dead, is purely coincidental.