Hello,

I would like to display thermal ellipsoids in pymol. What I did was using rastep to make a r3d file and open it in pymol.

If I generate the r3d file with no extra options: rastep < infile.pdb > outfile.r3d, pymol can open it. But if I generate the file with rastep -auto -fancy1 < infile.pdb > outfile.r3d, pymol cannot open it.

I know I can use render to make a picture, but I would like to be able to view the picture in 3-D in pymol, so I need to make a r3d file (with the -auto -fancy1 options in rastep) that pymol can read.

Is it possible? Any suggestions for other ways of doing the same thing?
Joe