Hi,

Following mail (retrived from ccp4bb archieve) may help for intechanging the
cell axis.
HTH
S.Karthikeyan

I have a CCP4 script for this:

http://bl831.als.lbl.gov/~jamesh/elves/scripts/reindex.com

If you run the script like this:
reindex.com yourdata.mtz P22121

Then you will get a file called "reindexed.mtz" that has the space group P21212
with the cell permuted so that the shortest edge is "b". Specifying P21221 will
give you P21212 with the shortest edge at "c", and P21212 will give you the
shortest edge at "a", like it is supposed to be. Like George said, this way you
are always working in a cannonical space group so you will have much less
portability issues between programs.

-James Holton
MAD Scientist