From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:ccp...@jiscmail.ac.uk] On Behalf Of
Ezra Peisach
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 7:41 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] Crystal rescue

MiTeGen (www.mitegen.com) sells a RT device  - plastic capillary to put
over loop... I do not know how well it would work for a long data
collection - but people here have used it to evaluate their crystals....

Ezra

On 1/27/2010 3:58 AM, Flip Hoedemaeker wrote:
Zhiyi,

You can use a thin cap over your cryo loop, just put a drop of mother
liquor in the top, place over the loop and make it airtight at the
base.  Not sure who sells these things though, I guess you can make it

from a capillary too. Then remove the cryo stream or put it at a temp
above freezing, say 253K.

Flip

Zhiyi Wei wrote:
Thanks for so many quick responses!

Actually, I have test several different cryo-protectants, including
glycerol, EG, and PEG400. I did not see much differences between
these
cryo conditions. So, I choose glycerol.

I would like to test my crystals in RT. But I don't know how to do
this. Just mount crystal to the X-ray machine without cryo stream? Or
I should use capillaries?

Zhiyi

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 5:45 AM, Kelly Daughtry <kddau...@bu.edu>