Hello Mark,

if you would describe the error message you get from the UNIX version of
LIGPLOT, someone on the list might be able to help you while you have to wait
for and apple installer version or the (commercial) alternatives.

Looking at the pictures about ligplot I found on the web and considering what I
learned about pymol recently you might also be able to produce pictures with
similar information content with pymol, although the pictures would be neatly
rendered.

Best wishes, Tim

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 07:51:08PM +0200, Mark J van Raaij wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Having just installed LIGPLOT under Windows, I find it rather convoluted to
> run. It has to be run via de command line window, and I try to avoid Windows
> as much as I can anyway.
> I also tried to install the Unix version on MacOSX, but was not able to get
> it running properly, probably at least partly due to my relative lack of
> informatics skills...
>
> Is there an alternative program that does the same (pref. with MacOSX
> version)?
>
> For the LIGPLOT developers, ideal would be a MacOSX installer (dmg) - I think
> it would lead to more use of your program.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Mark van Raaij

Tim Gruene
Institut fuer anorganische Chemie