I think Paul (Emsley) is better qualified to answer to this question. However 1) coot uses 2mFo-DFc maps 2) you should be able to feed any map you want to coot so it is nice place for experimenting this kind of calculation 3) You may try to relax gemetry 4) Usually if the model does not fit into electron density and programs do not want to correct it then there may be some fundamental problem in this part of the model a) multiple conformation b) out of register errors c) pepflip or something like that.

If it is extremely necessary we can add such option in ccp4.

Regards
Garib