Dear CCP4 users,
We have an opening in the ESRF Structural Biology group (http://go.esrf.eu/MX)for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Post-Doc to work on *the role of S-layer membrane proteins in the resistance of */Deinococcus radiodurans/*to extreme conditions (see link to advert below). We have identified and purified a large (1.3 MDa) membrane protein complex and are starting the structural studies. Experience in the purification and crystallisation of membrane proteins and/or large complexes would be an advantage. The ESRF is located in one of the most scientifically stimulating and beautiful places in Europe. *The Structural Biology group operates a world leading suite of synchrotron radiation beamlines dedicated to the study of biological macromolecules and is also a member of the (Partnership for Structural Biology, www.psb-grenoble.eu/) with all the laboratory facilities you could need. Please follow the instructions below to apply but feel free to email me with informal enquiries. Many thanks, Matt.

http://www.esrf.eu/Jobs/Research/2320

--
Matthew Bowler
Structural Biology Group