Hi,

I have a diffraction data-set from a hexagonal rod shaped crystal, to about 2.0
Å.  The problem comes when I try to process the data - Mosflm won't index it,
and XDS indexes it as P622, but the unit cell is too small to contain even a
single molecule of my protein.  I have tried integrating it in some different
space groups that XDS suggested (P2, C2, P1) but in all cases the Rmerge and
Rmeas are worse than for P622.

If I scale in P622 (or any of the other space groups) I get odd results from
the twinning tests.  For example, the 4th moment of E (expected values of 2 for
untwinned, 1.5 for perfect twin) is around 1.1, and the L-test and cumulative
intensity distribution are unusual as well (uploaded images here:
http://tinypic.com/r/65rfr7/7 and here:  http://tinypic.com/r/30adgyr/7 )

Has anyone else had similar issues?  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason.

--
Jason Busby