Bill,

What do you mean by "high voltage tank"? When I hear this term, I think of the
oil- (and PCB-) filled tank housing the transformer on an old generator; but
there's nothing like that on the R-Axis. Do you mean the blue box housing the
detector controller? If so, then I can tell you that we've had ours plugged
into a 1000 VA UPS (APC Back UPS Pro) for 10 years, with never a glitch (and
I'm told that Philly power is not pretty).

If instead you're referring to the high voltage tank on the generator, then I
have no idea of what to do (although replacing the power cable doesn't sound
like a bad idea)...you'd probably need to steal an entire 7-11 to pay for a UPS
large enough to condition power for that.

Pat