Hi,

I observed a very similar hexagonal arrangement of electron density blobs
in one of my structures recentely and asked the CCP4bb community to help
me explain it. Unfortunately, noone could come up with some satisfactory
explanation, so I gave up on interpreting this rogue density. What was
certain beyond doubt is that it was somehow caused by the presence of
cobalt ions. Do you, by chance, also have cobalt or similar ions present
in your crystallization condition?

Regards,
Joern

Address: