Von: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] Im Auftrag von
Kavyashree Manjunath
Gesendet: Montag, 27. Mai 2013 18:15
An: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Betreff: Re: [ccp4bb] Short contact between symmetry equivalents

Sir,

Ok yes. I tried with 0.5 occupancy, ended up getting positive density around
acetate on both sides equally.
Later I tried with 0.8, 0.99 for which the map was normal and also validation
did not report it as short contact.
Is it ok if I give 0.99 occupancy?

Thank you
Regards
Kavya

> It does not interact - you cannot have 1.8A distance between atoms.
> Assuming that it is indeed acetate it must be partially occupied, 0.5
> or less.  Keep in mind that when you lower occupancy you may see
> additional density for whatever occupies the space on the other side
> of the symmetry element (e.g. water) which you may need to model.
>

> --
> Oh, suddenly throwing a giraffe into a volcano to make water is crazy?
>                                                  Julian, King of
> Lemurs
>

> --

and is believed to be clean.