Dear CCP4ers,

apologies but the actual deadline for the advertised post is the 29th November
2013 (and not 2014). So only one week left to apply and not one year.

Best,

Alessandro

A post-doctoral position is available immediately in the laboratory of Dr.
Alessandro Vannini, within the Division of Structural Biology at The Institute
of Cancer Research in Chelsea, London, UK. We are looking for highly motivated
individuals with a strong interest in structural characterization of
multi-subunit macromolecular complexes. We currently employ single particle
electron microscopy analysis and X-ray crystallography, as well as biochemical
and biophysical analysis, to elucidate the role of the RNA Polymerase III and
associated factors in cancer development.

The Division of Structural Biology has managed facilities for protein
crystallography (Bruker Microstar and CCD detector and crystallisation robots),
cryo-electron microscopy (FEI Tecnai F20 and T12), and protein production with
expertise in multi-subunit expression (insect cell, yeast and bacterial
expression, including a 60 L fermentor). The Division is also well equipped
with equipment for biophysical analysis (e.g. ITC, fluorescence, multi-angle
light scattering).

Applicants should possess a PhD (or equivalent) in biochemistry or molecular
biology and a sound knowledge in production and purification of macromolecular
complexes for structural biology analysis. Previous experience with
purification of multi-subunit complexes and/or biochemistry of protein-nucleic
acid complexes would be beneficial. Previous experience in protein
crystallography and/or single particle electron microscopy would be desirable.

Appointment will be on Fixed Term Contract for 3 years in the first instance,
with a starting salary in the range of £28,425 to £34,944 p.a. inclusive (based
on previous post-doctoral experience).

CV and covering letter must be submitted online at
http://www.icr.ac.uk/jobsearch

Job Ref. No. 1378320
Closing Date: 29th November 2013

For informal inquiries you can contact me directly at
alessandro.vann...@icr.ac.uk