Dear Sasha,

I was taught that 'scientist' was best translated into German as
'Naturwissenschaftler' rather than the general term 'Wissenschaftler'.
Mathematicians were philosophers and e.g. economy belongs maybe to
humanities. I thought this distinction was also made at the Imperial
College were my English learned at school settled further.

I am not a native speaker, if I am wrong I would like to apolgise - I
meant no offense.

Best,
Tim