From: CCP4 bulletin board [CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] on behalf of Sudipta
Bhattacharyya [sudiptabhattacharyya.iit...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 13, 2015 1:14 PM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] Picking water molecules at 4A structure.

Dear community,

Recently we have been able to solve a crystal structure of a DNA/protein
complex at 4A resolution. After almost the final cycles of model building and
refinement (with R/Rfree of ~ 22/27) we could see some small water like
densities...all throughout the complex. Now my query is, whether one should
pick water molecules at this low resolutions or it is totally unscientific to
do so?

Many thanks in advance...!!!

My best regards,
Sudipta.