As others point out, anisotropy is endemic in protein crystals, and severe
cases make the single number score for Rmerge, CC1/2 etc pretty meaningless
for the outer shell.
 But do not throw out the meaningful data at your higher resolution because
of single number stats-
first LOOK at your images to get a feel for where usable spots disappear
along your best axis.

Then refine using the usable data - do not cut on the basis of a single
number. The higher reslution terms still help refinement, even if they only
exist along one cell axis.

And remember maximum likelihood weighting means the noise data along the
poor axes are weighted very low, so although the R may seem higher than you
like, the map quality may not be too bad.

Eleanor