Hello Mac Gurus,
I have run today into a problem with XQuartz on my iMac. No problems till now.
Now, any application that uses X11 does not start. It invokes XQuartz but that
is it. What is more, when running, XQuartz can not be stopped; after an attempt
to quit the application XQuartz immediately restarts. I cannot restart the
computer the normal way but have to hold the power button to power down the
computer. I deleted XQuartz and installed it from the depository but to no
avail.
This behaviour might be related to me plugging in today someone else hard drive
and transferring files to my own hard drive. Something else could have been
transferred to my iMac. I would like to avoid reinstalling the operating system
from scratch and restoring the files from backup
Any advice what to try? Thanks for your help,

Mirek