Hi Gustavo,

If I understand you correctly, you are concerned about N-glycans (N-glycosylation) on your proteins. According to your description, you have 2 protein molecules in each ASU, each bearing one potential N-glycan site. Then there are only two N-glycan sites you need to build for each dataset ( I suppose you are not going to deposit everyone of them? ). In most cases we do not see much ordered part of the N-glycans, usually just one or both of the core GlcNac (NAG) residues . If this is the case then it is not much work.

In very lucky cases you may see one or two rather complete N-glycans. I think insect cells produce mostly pauci-mannose N-glycans (mostly Man3-GlcNac2, less frequently Man4-GlcNac2) possibly carrying core-fucosylation on the innermost GlcNAc. Note that although mammals only have core 1,6 fucose, insects may also have an additional core 1,3 fucose, discussed and illustrated in the following papers:

I am not aware of an automated procedure for building complex glycans such as the N-glycans, so take extreme care making the correct linkages if you have to build more than the two core NAGs. The Man3Gn2-Asn should be Man_alpha1,3-[Man_alpha1,6]-Man_beta1,4-GlcNac_beta1,4-GlcNAc_beta-Asn. The core fucose(s), if present, will be alpha1,6- or alpha1,3- linked to the innermost GlcNAc. Note that the core alpha1,3 fucose modification occurs only when the core alpha1,6 is already there.

Zhijie