Thanks for many advices. I was not clear in the previous email. I know
the close homologous protein (20% identity, total 500aa), but the
fragment hits (30~40aa, identity 40~50%) are from other proteins in
PDB. I am trying to see whether the fragments from non-homologous
proteins may help the secondary structure prediction.

Best,