We have immediate openings for two postdoctoral researchers and one PhD student at the /Institut de Biologie Structurale/ (www.ibs.fr <http://www.ibs.fr>) in Grenoble, France, to study the structural dynamics of light-sensitive proteins by time-resolved serial crystallography at XFELs and potentially future 4^th generation synchrotrons.

Serial femtosecond crystallography (SFX) at X-ray free electron lasers (XFEL) allows studying the structural dynamics of crystalline proteins by means of time-resolved crystallography (TR-SFX). We apply TR-SFX to explore conformational changes after photon absorption by various light-sensitive proteins on a broad time scale ranging from sub-picoseconds to seconds (Nature Chemistry 10, 31 (2018)). These animate structures obtained by static SFX (J Phys Chem Lett 7, 882 (2016); Nature 539, 43 (2016).

At the postdoctoral level, we are looking for highly motivated individuals with a proven record in macromolecular crystallography with a keen interest in data processing and handling and intermediate-state structure refinement.

At the PhD level, we welcome applications from students trained in protein biophysics, and preferably in crystallography.

If you are interested, please contact either Martin Weik (w...@ibs.fr <mailto:w...@ibs.fr>) or Jacques-Philippe Colletier (collet...@ibs.fr).

--

Martin Weik
Structural Protein Dynamics Research Team

Phone:    (33) 4 57 42 85 80

email:  w...@ibs.fr
http://www.ibs.fr/groups/dynamics-and-kinetics-of-molecular/structural-protein-dynamics/?lang=en