Dear Lindsey,

I'm all with Nukri on this one.  12 Se atoms (whose incorporation you've
shown) should be plenty to give you enough anomalous signal to phase the
data and solve the structure.  That's why I would do the simplest
experiment first.  Collect 360° of data at the peak energy, maybe a bit
finer sliced than you have now (0.1° per image) and with fewer X-rays.
Reduce exposure fivefold (just a guess, but most people tend to overexpose
- see Winter et al., Acta D 75:242, 2019) and see what you can get from
this one dataset after processing with FRIEDEL'S_LAW= FALSE.

Look at the table "SUBSET OF INTENSITY DATA WITH SIGNAL/NOISE >= -3.0 AS
FUNCTION OF RESOLUTION" in CORRECT.LP and see how far the anomalous signal
extends (Anomal Corr values above 15 to 20, highlighted by XDS with an
asterisk) and how strong it is (SigAno values, above 3 gives you
confidence, though I have solved structures with much less signal).

If the anomalous signal isn't enough for structure solution, collect more
data from the same crystal.  This is one reason why you reduced the
exposure in the first place.  Move the detector in or out depending on the
processing of the first 360° (How far does diffraction extend?) and collect
another 360°.  Or change chi/kappa.  (See Basu et al., Acta D 75:262, 2019
for inspiration.)  Or - and this is the best but unlikely to be necessary
with your crystals - do two-wavelength MAD.  This shouldn't be an
afterthought to the SAD experiment, though, but properly planned as one
comprehensive experiment.  Using the inflection and remote energies might
be a good idea because it maximizes the differences between the two
datasets.

Inverse beam can be powerful but also poses challenges.  I use this
technique only if I fail otherwise.

All best.

Andreas