Well, that problem was solved a long time ago.  An excellent function-from-sequence predictor is here:
https://blast.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Blast.cgi

AlphaFold2 is doing rather much the same thing.  Just with a 3D output rather than 1D, and an underlying model with a LOT more fittable parameters.

-James Holton
MAD Scientist