Dear Graeme, all,

to make it easier for Rigaku Oxford Diffraction's CrysAlisPro to process
EIGER and EIGER2 data collected at the synchrotron, Herbert Bernstein
created a Windows installer for Takanori Nakane's eiger2cbf converter.  You
can find it here:  https://github.com/nsls-ii-mx/eiger2cbf.  Documentation
is at the very bottom.  It works for CAP.  I haven't tried to see how
useful it is in other contexts.  It's a converter, not a plugin, but it
lets you work with HDF5 data under Windows.

All best.

Andreas

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 10:22 AM Winter, Graeme (DLSLtd,RAL,LSCI) <
graeme.win...@diamond.ac.uk> wrote:

> [...]
> data is to either -
>  - work on a UNIX based system
> or
>  - restage the data to Diamond and process there
>
> I’m happy to help (off list) with the details of this if it would help
>
> We probably should invest some effort in properly supporting Windows for
> xia2 / DIALS - however there are a bunch of rather nasty jobs to do in
> making this possible and it’s never “the most important thing” sorry :-(
>
> Happy new year & best wishes Graeme
>
> On 22 Dec 2020, at 16:53, Irwin Selvam <
> irwin.sel...@postgrad.manchester.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to reprocess some data that were collected on an Eiger2 detector
> at Diamond with Xia2Dials using CCP4i2's GUI. I'm running CCP4i2 on a
> 64-bit Windows 10 machine. The data were processed successfully at Diamond
> with no obvious pathologies, the high resolution limit was just a little
> generous. The folder in question contains a Diamond specific file (.nsx
> extension), two image files (.h5), a header (.cbf), a master (.h5) and meta
> file (.h5). I've tried pointing Xia2 to the folder itself (which works
> when processing data collected on PILATUS detectors) and each of the files
> contained therein (except the Diamond specific file). Each time this
> results in the error " -ERROR- None:56 Error in wrapper xia2_dials 0.0::
> External process exited with exit code != 0 Process:
> C:\CCP4-7\7.1\bin\xia2.bat -ERROR- None:47 Error in wrapper xia2_dials
> 0.0:: Error in checking external process after completion exit status and
> code: 0 1". I've attached the error, debug etc files for a representative
> 'run' to this email. Which files do I need to point xia2 towards to get it
> to run? Any help would be appreciated.
>
> All the best,
>
> Irwin

> <log.txt><stderr.txt><stdout.txt><xia2.txt><xia2-debug.txt>
>

> --
>
> This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential, copyright and or
> privileged material, and are for the use of the intended addressee only. If
> you are not the intended addressee or an authorised recipient of the
> addressee please notify us of receipt by returning the e-mail and do not
> use, copy, retain, distribute or disclose the information in or attached to
> the e-mail.
> Any opinions expressed within this e-mail are those of the individual and
> not necessarily of Diamond Light Source Ltd.
> Diamond Light Source Ltd. cannot guarantee that this e-mail or any
> attachments are free from viruses and we cannot accept liability for any
> damage which you may sustain as a result of software viruses which may be
> transmitted in or with the message.
> Diamond Light Source Limited (company no. 4375679). Registered in England
> and Wales with its registered office at Diamond House, Harwell Science and
> Innovation Campus, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 0DE, United Kingdom

<https://www.dectris.com>
Andreas Förster, Ph.D.
Application Scientist Crystallography, Area Sales Manager Asia & Pacific
Phone: +41 56 500 21 00 | Direct: +41 56 500 21 76 | Email:
andreas.foers...@dectris.com
DECTRIS Ltd. | Taefernweg 1 | 5405 Baden-Daettwil | Switzerland |
www.dectris.com

<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dectris-Ltd/623855944369304>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/5067919>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/5067919>[image: LinkedIn]
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/5067919>
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dectris-Ltd/623855944369304>
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dectris-Ltd/623855944369304>
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dectris-Ltd/623855944369304>
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dectris-Ltd/623855944369304>
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dectris-Ltd/623855944369304>
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dectris-Ltd/623855944369304>[image:
facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dectris-Ltd/623855944369304>
<https://twitter.com/DECTRIS_News> <https://twitter.com/DECTRIS_News>
<https://twitter.com/DECTRIS_News>

*Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the use of the
named recipient(s)*
*and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not
the intended*
*recipient, please contact the sender and delete the message. Any
unauthorized use of*
*the information contained in this message is prohibited.*