Dear CCP4 community,

I'd be grateful is you could pass on the below advert to any potentially
suitable candidates:

We are searching for a PDRA level scientist to join the Hough group at Diamond
Light Source to carry out state-of-the-art structural biology and biochemical
investigations into heme P460-containing enzymes that carry out critical
reactions of the global nitrogen cycle. This will involve working within a
collaborative team on a three-year joint BBSRC funded project between Diamond,
STFC Daresbury Laboratory and the universities of Bristol and Essex and will
include the opportunity to carry out experiments at synchrotron and XFEL
beamlines. The project will involve determination of spectroscopically
validated structures of reaction intermediates at cryogenic and room
temperatures as well as time resolved studies with data collection likely at
SACLA, Japan and other international facilities. The overall biological goal is
to understand the structural determinants of product formation by this class of
enzymes several of which produce the greenhouse gas nitrous oxide with
implications for climate change. The successful candidate will work in close
coordination with two other PDRA researchers who will focus on the
computational aspects of the project. The project will be based on the Harwell
campus providing a tremendous opportunity for training and development.

Interested candidates should feel free to contact me at:
michael.ho...@diamond.ac.uk<mailto:michael.ho...@diamond.ac.uk>

The closing date for applications is 24th of October 2021 and full details of
the post are available at:
https://vacancies.diamond.ac.uk/vacancy/postdoctoral-research-associate-structural-biology-beorhn-project-458506.html

Many thanks for your help,

Mike

Prof Mike Hough
Principal Beamline Scientist - VMXi
Diamond Light Source Ltd
Harwell Science and Innovation Campus

--
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential, copyright and or
privileged material, and are for the use of the intended addressee only. If you