Dear all,

The Cupido lab at St Jude Children Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) is seeking
postdoctoral fellows who wish to conduct structural and chemical biology
research and gain experience as independent researchers. These positions are
core funded and the expected start date will be in January 2022 but can be
flexible.

Candidates should have expertise in biochemistry and structural biology.
Programming and/or bioinformatic experience in data analysis is preferred.
Successful applicants are expected to lead projects and gain multidisciplinary
training in cutting edge structural and molecular technologies. This is a great
opportunity for enthusiastic postdocs, who will be encouraged to integrate
different experimental approaches and take full advantage of the outstanding
scientific technology platforms at St Jude, including dedicated,
state-of-the-art centers for Cryo-EM, X-Ray crystallography, biomolecular NMR,
and high-throughput chemical and genomic screenings, among others.

About The Lab
The Cupido lab opened on January 2021 in the Department of Chemical Biology &
Therapeutics, is well equipped for biochemistry and chemical biology research
and has full access to unparalleled research resources and expertise in an open
and collaborative environment at St Jude. Our research focuses on discovering
drug-like chemical modulators for protein machines and for the analysis of
molecular mechanisms that control the flow of genetic information (i.e. gene
transcription and mRNA splicing). Our efforts are highly multidisciplinary,
integrating structural and genomic approaches with small molecule chemistry.
One major focus is to understand the mechanism and regulation of nucleic
acid-interacting enzymes whose aberrant function is implicated in cancer
development. We seek to control the dynamics of these protein machines using
small molecules we design, identify new pharmacological approaches, and test
hypotheses for the development of novel cancer therapeutics.

To apply, please send a cover letter emphasizing research background and career
goals, and a CV to tommaso.cup...@stjude.org<mailto:tommaso.cup...@stjude.org>.

Best,
Tommaso Cupido
Assistant Member
Chemical Biology and Therapeutics
St Jude Children’s Hospital
262 Danny Thomas Pl. MS1000, Memphis, TN 38105