7 days to go.....

[cid:image004.jpg@01D7BF80.9A96EB60]

dear all,

Two 3-year postdoctoral positions (with possibility for extension) are
available at Imperial College London to work on the mechanisms of human
replication using biochemical and cryo-EM approaches. The application deadline
is 19th of October 2021.

The Speck Lab works on initiation of eukaryotic DNA replication & the structure
of chromatin + its regulation by epigenetic changes. We are looking for a
passionate researchers with extensive expertise in Biochemistry (chromatin, DNA
replication and related processes) and/or Structural Biology (extensive cryo-EM
expertise is required).

Research framework and support structure:

  1.  The group consists of >10 members, 6 postdocs, 4 students and technician.
  2.  The lab is fully equipped for biochemistry (2 AKTAs, multiple temperature
controlled shakers), two freezer mills, Refeyn 2, Biacore T100 and generously
supported by the Wellcome Trust, Cancer Research UK and multiple BBSRC grants.
  3.  Access to state-of-the-art facilities including Mass Spectrometry,
Structural Biology and Bioinformatics.
  4.  The candidate will receive direct mentoring by the group head on grant
applications, writing of manuscripts and project design.
  5.  We have direct access to a local cryo-EM facility with a Talos 200KV FEG
microscope and the LonCEM facility with a Krios (K3 & Falcon 3 detectors, phase
plate, energy filter,..).
 Interested individuals are welcome to contact me directly for more information.

Best,
Christian
chris.sp...@imperial.ac.uk<mailto:chris.sp...@imperial.ac.uk>

here are a few links:

you can apply here:

Research Associate - Biochemistry & Structural Biology | Jobs | Imperial
College
London<https://www.imperial.ac.uk/jobs/description/MED02737/research-associate-biochemistry-structural-biology>

The group:

http://www.specklab.com/

Professor Christian Speck, PhD, FRSB
Chair in Genome Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Wellcome Trust Investigator
CRUK Discovery Programme Award

Imperial College London
Faculty of Medicine
Institute of Clinical Sciences (CRB room 3006)
Hammersmith Hospital Campus
Du Cane Road
London W12 0NN

Tel: 0044 20 8383 3387
Mobile: 0044 796 181 5557
Skype ID: dna_rep

email: christian.sp...@imperial.ac.uk<mailto:christian.sp...@imperial.ac.uk>
website: www.specklab.com<http://www.specklab.com/>
Imperial College website:
www.imperial.ac.uk/people/chris.speck<http://www.imperial.ac.uk/people/chris.speck>

My working day may not be the same as yours. Please don't feel obliged
to reply to this email outside your normal working hours

[http://www.wellcome.ac.uk/stellent/groups/corporatesite/@policy_communications/documents/web_document/wtvm050463.jpg]
    [Discovery Programme Awards | Cancer Research UK]
[cid:image003.png@01D7BF80.5C88FE80]  [CBC28AC5]