Greetings all,

This year I have the honor of co-organizing the ALS Colloquium Seminar series. This is normally a local but broad-audience forum for users of the Advanced Light Source to learn more about what other users are doing. But, now that its gone virtual you can all join in and listen to what I think will be some very interesting talks. Maybe even ask a question? Its not easy finding speakers that appeal to a broad range of scientist ranging from biologists to gravel monkeys and chemists, but what we have in common is we all need light.

Tomorrow's speaker is one of my beamline users!
Jennifer Dounda, will be on at 3pm Oct 27, 2021 California time (25 hours from now). Her title is: "CRISPR: The Science and Opportunity of Genome Editing"

Zoom links on this page:
https://als.lbl.gov/news-events/seminars/

It is free for anyone to view, but we are expecting a large audience so please remember to mute your mic.

Coming soon are many other exciting speakers I am proud to have brought to this series, including one of my other users: Erica Saphire will be on at 3pm Dec 8, 2021, talking about "A Global Consortium, Next-Generation SARS-CoV-2 Antibody Therapeutics and Stabilized Spike"

See you in the zoom!

-James Holton
MAD Scientist