Many of you may recall approximately 1000 years ago we were looking forward to getting together for another great Diffraction Methods GRC. Now, after a 4-year break, the meeting is on!
https://www.grc.org/diffraction-methods-in-structural-biology-conference/2022/

It will be in-person at Bates College in Lewiston, ME, USA, on July 24-29 of 2022. Strange how it is strange to be considering meeting in person, but recent GRCs have proven they can be conducted safely. We've learned a lot about viruses in recent years, both in our lives and in our labs. Artificial Intelligence has come a long way, and the role of biological structure, and indeed science in general, is impacting the everyday lives of human beings more than ever before.

It is time we got together to talk about all this. Yes, we've gotten a lot of work done remotely, but some things just have to wait until you are face-to-face. Preferably over a Maine lobster dinner. GRCs are not about listening to talks, they are about the discussion that comes after. Newcomers and Veterans sharing and debating ideas until far too late at night. It is my sincere hope that fighting this virus, and looking toward a brighter future, will inspire even more visionary and collaborative ideas for the role structure will play in that future. I can't imagine a better theme of discussion for this next meeting.

-James Holton
MAD Scientist and Chair of the 2020/2022 Diffraction Methods GRC