We are pleased to announce that we are introducing a Block Allocation Group
(BAG) type proposal for our macromolecular crystallography beamlines at SSRL.

Block Allocation Groups (BAGs) are a mode of beam time access intended for
groups of researchers that want to combine their short beam time requests into
a single proposal in order to permit greater flexibility in beam time
allocation and scheduling. BAG proposals may be submitted by groups working at
a shared university or with a shared affiliation. Combining the beam time of
individual groups permits greater flexibility in the choice of projects and
samples during a given allocation period and offers the individuals in the BAGs
the benefit of access to more regular allocation of beam time.  Currently, BAG
proposals are accepted on SSRL BL14-1, BL9-2, BL12-2 and BL12-1. Only
measurements based on existing, standard setups available at these beamlines
will be considered for the BAG beam time.

Our next deadline for submitting BAG proposals is January 15, 2023.  Standard
proposals for 2-year beam time eligibility are due on December 1, 2022, for
beam time starting in March 2023, and April 1, 2023, for beam time starting in
June 2023.  Rapid Access proposals can be submitted at any time.   All of these
proposal types are submitted through our User
Portal<https://userportal.slac.stanford.edu/>.

For more information see the following:

*         Block Allocation Group
Proposal<https://www-ssrl.slac.stanford.edu/content/user-resources/block-allocation-group-proposal>

*         Proposal Submittal and Scheduling
Procedures<https://www-ssrl.slac.stanford.edu/content/user-resources/proposal-submittal-and-scheduling-procedures-macromolecular-crystallography>

*         User Guide<https://smb.slac.stanford.edu/users_guide/index.shtml>

*         Beamline parameters<https://smb.slac.stanford.edu/>

We look forward to providing you with beam time soon!

Best Regards,

Lisa Dunn
SSRL Structural Molecular Biology
SLAC Linear Accelerator Laboratory