Dear Gyuhyeok,

I have no first-hand experience with CARELESS.

But my understanding is that CARELESS gives you normalized structure factor
amplitudes; this "normalization" roughly corresponds to a removal (subtraction)
of the Wilson B-factor from conventionally processed structure factor
amplitudes.

As a result, you'd expect maps that appear sharpened relative to what we
normally look at, and a Wilson B-factor around 0. So this is all consistent
with what you report.

It is unclear to me whether one can or should refine against data from CARELESS
without taking extra measures, and whether and how the data can be deposited
with the PDB. At least they should be suitably flagged.

HTH,
Kay