https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/20230111-ServiceDisruption.html

"On Thursday, 05 January 2023, we received notification that one of the email
servers used by JiscMail was listed on a global spam "blacklist", causing
recipient mail servers to start rejecting JiscMail posts.

We reported the issue to the operators of that email server, and worked with
them to ensure that the server was removed from the list. By 09:00hrs on Friday
(06 January) it was confirmed that the server had been removed from the
blacklist, and that normal service had resumed.

Unfortunately, later that day, the server was re-added to the blacklist,
causing recipient servers to start rejecting messages once more.

Due to the way in which the software underpinning the JiscMail service works,
after several bounced or rejected messages to an individual email address, the
software assumes that the address no longer exists and removes it from any
subscribed groups. This had the effect of removing around 50,000 subscriptions
to just short of 500 JiscMail lists.

We are pleased to inform you that, as of 14:00hrs on Wednesday, 11 January
2023, we believe the root cause of the issue (the blacklisting) to have been
resolved, and are in the process of resubscribing all affected users. We expect
this to be completed by no later than 17:00hrs on Wednesday, 11 January 2023.

Despite these issues having been addressed, subscribers and list owners may
continue to recieve error messages that have been "queued" by mail servers
outside of our direct control. These are expected to have fully cleared by
Friday, 13 January 2023.

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the named
recipients. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose,
copy or distribute this email or any of its attachments and should notify the
sender immediately and delete this email from your system. UK Research and
Innovation (UKRI) has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise risk of
this email or any attachments containing viruses or malware but the recipient
should carry out its own virus and malware checks before opening the
attachments. UKRI does not accept any liability for any losses or damages which
the recipient may sustain due to presence of any viruses.