Hi,

> What if instead of images we just collected a list of x-y coordinates of
> photon hits vs time?

This is how the Tristan detector works, it is based on timepix3 chips and the
data is a read as time stamped x-y co-ordinates + counts and then diffraction
images are reconstructed from this information downstream. This means you have
complete freedom about how you want to bin your data in terms of time/dose.

https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9875340

We’ve used the detector to test Hadamard multiplexing of time/dose bins to
boost the ‘weak images’ from small bins to help with indexing and integration
prior to deconvolution back into time/dose resolved data. However, this is a
work in process we are waiting for some software updates to help with the image
reconstruction part of the process but the detector appears to work very well
for this kind of application!

Briony