Hi,

Pedro always referred to gdbserver, I never got a chance to play with
that. My new iPAQ urged me to try it, because I don't have synce to
provide a connection to it. (I don't feel like connecting it via the USB
cable - the wireless connection should do the trick.)

Anyway, I took gdb 6.8 from the GNU servers and compiled that, copied
gdbserver to the iPAQ, and got things to work. Haven't played with it a
lot yet so I don't know how good it all works but initial tests are
good ...

        Danny

dannypc: {21} rsh ipaq /temp/gdbserver :9999 /temp/power.exe
Process /temp/power.exe created; pid = 598273158
Listening on port 9999
Remote debugging from host 172.17.1.2
System power status : AC online, battery charging (97%)

Child exited with status 0

dannypc: {42} ~/src/gdb/gdb-6.8/gdb/gdb power.exe
GNU gdb 6.8
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show
copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu
--target=arm-mingw32ce"...
(gdb) target remote ipaq:9999
Remote debugging using ipaq:9999
[New Thread 637363190]
Error while mapping shared library sections:
coredll.dll.0409.mui: No such file or directory.
Error while mapping shared library sections:
coredll.dll: No such file or directory.
Symbol file not found for coredll.dll.0409.mui
Symbol file not found for coredll.dll
0x00011104 in WinMainCRTStartup ()
(gdb) where
#0  0x00011104 in WinMainCRTStartup ()
(gdb) l
1       #include <windows.h>
2       #include <stdio.h>
3       #include <stdlib.h>
4       #include <unistd.h>
5
6       #include <winbase.h>
7
8       int APIENTRY WinMain(HINSTANCE a,HINSTANCE b,LPWSTR c,int d)
9       {
10              BOOL                    r;
(gdb)
11              SYSTEM_POWER_STATUS_EX  st;
12              char                    bf[128];
13
14              r = GetSystemPowerStatusEx(&st, TRUE);
15              if (r != TRUE) {
16                      printf("GetSystemPowerStatus failed");
17                      exit(1);
18              }
19              if (st.BatteryFlag == 255) {
20                      strcpy(bf, "unknown");
(gdb) break 14
Breakpoint 1 at 0x11178: file power.c, line 14.
(gdb) c
Continuing.

Breakpoint 1, WinMain (a=0x23a8ec86, b=0x0, c=0x2811fed8, d=5) at
power.c:14
14              r = GetSystemPowerStatusEx(&st, TRUE);
(gdb) n
15              if (r != TRUE) {
(gdb) p r
$1 = 1
(gdb) p st
$2 = {ACLineStatus = 1 '\001', BatteryFlag = 8 '\b',
  BatteryLifePercent = 97 'a', Reserved1 = 0 '\0', BatteryLifeTime =
100,
  BatteryFullLifeTime = 120, Reserved2 = 0 '\0', BackupBatteryFlag = 255
'�',
  BackupBatteryLifePercent = 255 '�', Reserved3 = 0 '\0',
  BackupBatteryLifeTime = 0, BackupBatteryFullLifeTime = 0}
(gdb) c
Continuing.

Program exited normally.
(gdb) q