Nick wrote:
Martin Marques wrote:

The thing is, and I'm still trying to find a solution for one of our servers, the the memory addresses from 4Gb down are used for PCI, VGA, onboard stuff, and even though the memory isn't used, the addresses are, and so they are not passed to the OS.

Can you send some info on the motherboard you have?

It's a Dell Poweredge 1950 straight out of the box...

What chipset does the motherboard have? Asus, Intel, MSI, etc?

--
 21:50:04 up 2 days,  9:07,  0 users,  load average: 0.92, 0.37, 0.18