Joshua Gimer wrote:
> Postfix is dying on one of my servers almost nightly. This system is running CentOS5 with postfix-2.3.3-2.

What does the IO wait look like on the system? Is this system under high load?

Only late at night when back up scripts are running. At this time though is when I start seeing the error from postfix.

You might want to check to make sure that syslog is not calling sync every time that it writes to file.

/etc/syslog.conf

Should be a "-' in front of /var/log/messages

Thanks.  I have set this to -/var/log/messages now.

--
Paul Norton
Systems Administrator