On 9/30/2014 3:42 PM, Leon Fauster wrote:
Am 30.09.2014 um 19:08 schriebm.r...@5-cent.us:
>Leon Fauster wrote:
>>I would like to setup a small system based on CentOS6
>>"power outage"-save as possible. The hardware will be
>>switch off by pulling the plug.
>>
>>To accomplishing this goal, I would mounting some fs parts
>>readonly (e.g. /usr) and thinking about tmpfs for volatile
>>parts (e.g. lock, run under var). Additionally "optimize"
>>some vm.dirty_* kernel- and fs/ext4 parameters. /persistent
>>would be used with jffs2 on a CF card. So far the theory.
>>
>>Does anyone have some experience with such type of systems?
>>Any pointer to pitfalls are welcome.
>>
>Put it on a UPS, and install apcupsd.
Sure, for servers but I am talking about a small
9W-power-consumption appliance that have this
requirement:-)

I don't think CentOS is the appropriate distribution for that sort of system. Does it even have jffs2 support?

a uClinux/busybox based system would be much more appropriate. maybe start with DSL, http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/ or tinycore, http://tinycorelinux.net/