On 10/6/2014 1:24 AM, ken wrote:

I never claimed "that SRAM is still being used", though links already provided do mention that.

yes, you did.  you said....

... I've always insisted on video cards with static RAM. Or perhaps your understanding of static RAM is different from what I'm talking about.

and I provided my understanding of ram, via definitions of Static vs Dynamic RAM, and asked you for an example of a laptop or chipset with static ram based graphics. you never replied to this.

I asked John for links because he made quite a few claims which asked for substantiation or, at minimum, more investigation.

my assertation about onboard graphics performance vs midrange discreet graphics was based on my own testing, and is unpublished, so I dont have any links to share with you on this. you could, I suppose, look things up on most any of the benchmarking sites, such as http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/mid_range_gpus.html and note that in 3D 'Passmark', the Intel HD4600 is nearly as fast as the Geforce GT 735M, which is a typical lower end laptop discrete graphics card. the monster high end cards are, of course, many times faster than this, for example a GT870M is 3380, about 5X faster (on a different 'high end' page on that same site). These are purely 3D benchmarks, and relate more to gaming performance than desktop.