On 10/13/2014 7:17 AM, Steve Clark wrote:> Yes but you have to be physically
close to the main cpu. What about
> distractions from other people sitting right next to you?
> Playing music, etc.

That's not all that different from modern cube farms.  You learn to tolerate or
ignore other people, or more ideally, collaborate well with your closest
co-workers.

Where I work, there are people sitting side-by-side at folding tables (business
has picked up faster than physical facilities can keep up with).  In our case,
they're all using zero clients and virtual desktops.  However, it's exactly the
kind of setup where a multi-seat computer might make sense for other companies
or schools that don't have our virtualization expertise.

--
-Chris